Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Anne in the Rain

Cookbook picked a cute theme for this week's Dress-a-Friend Monday, so I get to outfit Anne, who lives in Nevada for a rain day.  (At least "Nevada" acknowledges precipitation, unlike "Arizona," which explicitly denies it.)

Reasons my Monday entry wasn't in on Monday:
  • I spent the weekend hanging out in St. Louis, where I met up with My Sister the Blond Artist, and we had lots of fun, but, tragically, did not eat pie.  I would add an archly artistic photo here, but they all ended up on MSTBA's computer, and I haven't gotten access yet. 
  • I had an appointment with the eye doctor after work on Monday, and it's difficult to do design work immediately after ophthalmoscopy.
  • Tuesday I worked until an hour I'd forgotten exists.
  • Any moment not spent traveling, squinting or working was spent congratulating the approximately eight frillion women I know who have either given birth or announced their intention to do so in the past week.
Anyhow.   This one was fun, but harder than I expected at first, perhaps only because I was tired and distracted from the task.

I know orange isn't a top color pick for Anne, but I liked the combo anyway.  Also, for some reason it felt very important to put Anne in a hat.





Here's one in another color scheme.

3 comments:

  1. In order:
    1. Mmm, interesting hat, love all the orange, not too sure about the polka dots but now I do have to go investigate most of those things on Polyvore.

    Scroll scroll scroll.

    2. Oh My God I want to be wearing all these things right now. Crap the awesome trench coat is a thousand dollars.

    Clearly I need to go to bed. But thanks so much, that first outfit has lots of potential and I would wear that second one in a heartbeat from head to toe. And I can ROCK a cloche hat, let me tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. it is pouring rain here right now, FYI. I could use those orange Hunter wellies for walking around outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally see a cloche working on you. Now that I'm looking at it, I really dig the second set too, though I love the orange umbrella myself.

    ReplyDelete