A Superfluity of Updates (Part 2)
5. Zeitgeist Photos:
6. Fashion Anecdote:
I went to the Escher-Maze Mall (it's right across the street...) Friday evening and, in the course of 30 minutes, was mistaken (by other customers) for an employee in three successive stores. I don't know why. I was there because I had determined some time ago that I ought to acquire an additional coat, and to diversify my outerwear in general. I've been living in the Lands of Emphatic Winter since I was 18, and it finally occurred to me that, just as it doesn't make sense to try to wear the same clothes at 20F as at 60F, it doesn't make sense to try to wear the same clothes at -20F as at 20F. I'd been putting it off for a while, but realized that if I didn't move soon there'd be nothing left in the stores but bikinis. The problem was finding something that didn't have a hood trimmed in that German Shepherd-colored acrylic fur. I did buy something down and purple and quite warm.
7. Current fascinations:
- The nature of joy (theologically speaking).
- Scientific Literacy and Innumeracy (Stay tuned - E-week starts on February 14. Which is also Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, Presidents' Day weekend, Mardi Gras weekend, and the second full day of the Olympics - so very many things to celebrate!)
- Getting fired.
- Laundering twinsets (with disastrous results).
- Rear-ending other cars at stop lights every day for a week.
- Sleeping for six months straight, then waking up to discover it's suddenly August.
- Earning a second bachelor's degree entirely by accident.

1. That tongue shot is awesome.
ReplyDelete2. Congrats! I have been craving a purple coat for a while, and it is tough to escape the German-Shepherd-fur conundrum.
3. I wonder what those dreams say about you. The last couple don't sound half bad to me.