Monday, November 30, 2009

T+4

So, the weekend...

All said, it was good.  Fun to have the (immediate) family around, even if things were a little cramped.  It stressed out the cat, but she's ok now.  She did have one moment of sheer bliss when somebody left the cover off the butter dish.  Doing great with the dental situation, btw.

I was hopeless in the kitchen on Thursday, lacking the manual strength to even crush garlic.  I was also feeling pretty lousy generally by then, so I showed my mother where all the ingredients were and spent most of the day lying down.  She was fine with this, but I wish I could have participated a bit more.  Sorry I didn't get pictures of the result.

Friday was a bit better and we did the downtown thing.  There's a German Christmas market in Daley Plaza every year, so we went there.  It was crowded and really cold, but fun.  Then, the Christmas window displays at Macy's/Fields.  These are always designed around a narrative in clumsy verse, and are elaborately (for a shop window) animatronic.

After that, we went to see the new contemporary wing of the Art Institute, which my sister and I enjoyed, at least.  There were some surprising things (a Pollock landscape?). Art became a lot more fun when I finally paid enough attention to realize that I prefer expressionism.

Rounding off the weekend, once everyone was returned to their dismal little towns, I saw a fantastic production of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead with a friend yesterday evening.  It's received extremely good reviews and absolutely deserved all of them.

Still feeling pretty blah, but at least I've moved from "kind of need to stay near my bed all day" to, "would really prefer to stay near my bed all day, for reasons better than general laziness."  It's enough that I called off my day by mid-morning. Naps are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment