Saturday, November 22, 2008

Week 3 - Bottoms, Jackets

Week 3 Tasks

Heart: Start your I Feel Pretty Routine.
This one is always kind of tough, because I'm the type to just do what I do and not get that worked up about it. I put the routine in routine. However, it has lately become hand exfoliation season once again, so I've made sure I'm stocked up on gritty potions.

Breath: Do your Piles.
See below.

Bones: Keep up on repairs and cleaning for this category.
Check. 3 pr. pants with little fixies; two jackets taken to tailor.

Head: Check into places to donate or consign unwanted clothing.
I've got a place. Just took a load to the car to drop off tomorrow afternoon.

Piles


Torture Devices

Skirts: Brown floral. Too short, too lightweight, but a good shape. I'm keeping it as a model.
Dresses: Black sheath. Not proportioned right, but it's staying for now.
Jackets: The autumnal houndstooth. It's not living up to its potential as outerwear, and the shape and proportions are still miserable. It's becoming a handbag. There's plenty more tweed in the world.

Torture Devices and Rabbit

Velveteen Rabbits
Pants: 3 pr. pants repaired prior to posting. Old jeans - need to get them out of the closet and parceled out as work clothes.
Jackets: Not properly rabbits, but Red and gray blazers need to finally be taken for sleeve alteration.
Dresses: Brown denim shirt dress. It's worked hard for over 7 years, and it shows.

Stalwart Staples
Pants: Pinstriped, brown, gray, reparable rabbits from above. Jeans. Very uninteresting.
Skirts: Black, gray, navy, denim. Knee-length. Fairly uninteresting.
Jackets: Camel corduroy, black and white tweed, black, reparable rabbits from above.
Dresses: Green corduroy shirt dress.
The Jackets

Superstars
Jackets: Most of the blazers have promise, which is why they're all hanging around even though I don't have frequent use for them at the moment.
Dresses: Brown and teal lace dress. Handmade vintage brown dress from a Boston area thrift store.

Dresses: Superstars and Staple

Same Time, Next Year
Pants: Fleece-lined jeans, exclusively used for snow shoveling.
Dresses: Two dresses and a suit that are exclusively special occasion.

Dresses: STNY (left) and SJ (right)

Sentimental Journeys
Dresses: Two dresses that are lovely but no longer relevant. Just need to let go.

Mysteries of the Lost Shopping Trip
  • Long denim skirt. Too long, too stiff.
  • Long evening skirt - not the sort of thing I need, and not especially flattering.
  • Denim skirt that's just too...blue. It looks like denim in a comic strip.
  • Odd vintage suit - would look less incongruous on My Sister the Blond Artist, if it fits her. (J. - you reading this? Do you like it?)
Mysteries

Priorities
  • Black pants. They rabbited last spring and I seriously don't know how I've been getting dressed every morning.
  • Day dresses. They suit me, but they've slowly all gone away.
  • A black skirt in a flared/A-line style wouldn't be a bad addition.

3 comments:

  1. I feel so lazy- not doing my piles yet. I need to since I am going shopping on Monday!

    I really like your jackets/blazers-especially that grey/black one on the left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it fits, I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete