Saturday, November 15, 2008

Week 2 - Tops

Week 2 Tasks

Breath.
PILE your tops.
See below.


Heart. Identify which of your Joyous Colors you want to add to your tops.
At least a purple cardigan.


Bones. Fix the Velveteen Rabbits that would be Superstars or Stalwart Staples. Replace foundation garments that have foundered.
Check! I'm bound and determined to fix the rabbits as I go along this time.


Head
Start securing your supply lines.
I think I've got a good handle on this.


Piles

In addition to being the size of an $1,000 studio apartment in certain Manhattan neighborhoods, my bedroom closet has far better lighting than my bedroom itself, so that's where I'm taking pictures.

Torture Devices

I always get compliments on the cowl-neck sweater (they're good colors), enough so that it's hard to let it go...but it's itchy! There's also a brown cotton one around that's just shapeless and lumpy. Green button-down shirt that was always too narrow in the shoulders (note: no shirts from Lands' End) and then shrank.

Torture Devices and Rabbit
Velveteen Rabbits
Three sweaters repaired prior to this posting. I need to keep an eye on all the fine-gauge turtleneck sweaters, as they get pretty heavy rotation, and none are exactly new.

Cable knit apple green cardigan (above) is showing its age. I tried to replace it last year, but I don't like the new version as much. It probably won't make it out the door yet.

Stalwart Staples
Cream and black turtlenecks, various short sleeved things used as a base layer. I could use some more neutrals in the latter category. Black and brown cardigans. Several sweaters for preppy-ish layering. Speaking of which, I need something white and collared. White shirts are disastrous on me just because I'm too messy, but having at least one would make a bunch of things a lot easier. I just have to be disciplined not to wear it when I know I shouldn't.

Staples and Superstars. If you have unusually keen vision, you will notice copious quantities of a) cat hair and b) Ann Taylor Loft labels.

Superstars
Fine gauge turtleneck sweaters in mostly jewel tones (purple, blue, red, camel, brown) and cardigans (orange, red). Need more in the latter (purple, maybe leaf green). Some of these have one foot in Stalwart Staples.

Same Time, Next Year
Little gold blouse, turns a couple of suits into evening. It should probably hang on that side of the closet, with the cocktail dresses, rather than on this side, with the sweaters.

Sentimental Journeys
None, except for a logo polo, which can go.

Mysteries of the Lost Shopping Trip
  • Teal cardigan that's too long/young/casual. It's fairly new but I feel self-conscious and sloppy wearing it.
  • One short sleeved shirt that I'm just going to let go now, since it will still be puzzling me in the spring, and I'm not expecting to have to dress up as a farm hand (which is the effect it has) between now and then.
  • Off-white sweater. I don't want to wear it, and I should know better than to buy a sweater that color.
Mysteries

Priorities
  • At least one more brightly colored cardigan (likely purple).
  • White collared shirt (note: look for sleeveless version in spring).
  • Keep eyes open for deals on turtleneck sweaters in my colors and textures. Members of the current lineup, like the Boomers, are still hard at work, but will be drawing Social Security before you know it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your superstars! Makes me want to go out and buy sweaters. Many many sweaters in lovely jewel tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stripy cowl-neck, so sad that it's itchy. Can you wear it shopping once just to get other stuff in those colors? They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete