Thursday, May 29, 2008

Things I didn't say aloud at the mall tonight.

(Yes, I did regain my ability to walk painlessly.)

  • Cotton dress with poly lining - for those days when you want all the wrinkles, but none of the breath.

  • You know, if I could ever muster the nerve, that strapless "dress" would make a great skirt.

  • I hate this building. I didn't know Escher designed shopping malls.
  • Note to designers: Seersucker. OR eyelet. Not both. That's just wrinkled embroidery with puncture wounds.

  • Excuse me miss, do you carry this in Not Ugly?

  • Has Macy's stopped carrying women's clothing during its remodel? That seems like a fairly bad idea. (They hadn't, but they did hide the department remarkably well.)

  • Pardon me, high school girl, but has anyone told you that the micro-mini bubble skirt you're wearing with five inch spike heeled pumps and a Nirvana t-shirt looks like a diaper? Besides, Nirvana? You weren't even born yet.

  • Ralph Lauren has gone colorblind.

  • And Calvin Klein has decided that a good way to keep strapless dresses from falling down is to line the upper bodice with latex. Ouch!

  • (At Macy's): That's a cute skirt...wait a minute, that's the dress from H&M. (I'm dead serious. It was the same item.)

  • Note to designers: Just because you can make it out of jersey, doesn't mean you should.

  • Ditto terrycloth. Ew.

  • Why is this size 6 twice as wide as that size 12?

  • Speaking of which, don't you carry any sizes other than 6 and 12?

  • Never mind, here's an 18. Still with the multiples though.

  • Talbots clerks have been hitting the Starbucks hard.

  • Maybe if I scribble out the 1 on the 18, it'll fit...

  • Note to designers: I don't care how short you make it; it's still a mu mu!

  • Too Prom.

  • Too short.

  • Pink. (All pink is too pink.)

  • Too mother-of-the-bride.

  • WAY too Doris Day.

  • This could have been Liberace's favorite table cloth.

  • Polka Dot. Polka Dot Polka Dot. Polka Dot. Polka Dot. Polka Dot.

  • Isn't it cute how in Sears men's sportswear is right outside hardware?

9 comments:

  1. Shopping with a snarl. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost snorted coffee through my nose this morning as I read this- loved it! You reminded me of shopping with my best friend in Texas- you sounded just like her

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo want to go shopping with you. We wouldn't buy anything, but we'd keep the masses entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Wende: Yes! We could mock together, then go for coffee (to spill).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say that I love shopping with you? I love shopping with you.

    I would have called that bubble-skirted poser in a second: "excuse me, how old are you (little slut)? Have you even heard a Nervana song? No, I mean .other than. Smells Like Teen Spirit? You are disgusting, go home and put on real clothes."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heavens, child, there's no need to be mean. This one merely reeked of clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would not hate shopping so much if you were along for the ordeal. "Do you carry this in Not Ugly?" Too much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go shopping with you too!

    ReplyDelete