Thursday, November 1, 2007

Wardrobe Cure Interview - Volume 3

Yes, this is certainly getting good...

Your Wardrobe

What is the problem with your wardrobe?

  1. I’m very bad at getting around to maintenance (repair, replacement, laundry). Which is the same problem my apartment has.

  2. I know my taste and what suits me quite well; however, the labor of shopping to find same in the right shape, size, and price point sometimes makes me delirious and robs me of all basic powers of discernment. I know I'm not alone here.

If your wardrobe could speak, what would it say is the problem?


Most of the players would say, “Mom, I’m bored!”

But a select 5% or so would say something like: “Hey, you’re pretty handy, you know. We really liked that cute gold blouse you made for last year’s office party – it was just perfect with the winter white dinner suit. And that last handbag you made? The green one? Love it. You should totally sell those! Oh, and the scarf you crocheted for Ali last Christmas? Gorgeous. So…WHY THE **** CAN’T YOU BE BOTHERED TO SEW ON A **** BUTTON, WOMAN?” I would scold them for swearing in the house, but as you can see, they’re quite adept at flattery, and they have a valid point, after all.


What one thing do you want your wardrobe to do more of?


Delight me. I dressed in my uniform (see Volume 2) today and love how it makes me feel. I want to be able to feel that way every day, at least so far as clothing can be held responsible for such things.

How do you want people to describe your wardrobe?
  1. Restrained.

  2. Flattering.

  3. Tasteful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm with you on the repairs thing. The pants I'm wearing just have the hem tacked up (four little stitch thingies per leg). I've even fixed the tacking once. Why don't I just hem the things?? (Well, what's the point, now, they're summer pants, and it's late fall, and I've just bought a pair of navy winter pants to replace them, and THEY need hemming too.) (And they're saying "Instead of hemming and hawing, just HEM for pete's sake!) Um, ahem.

    ReplyDelete