Thursday, November 1, 2007

(Ikea Isn't Really) Just Like Heaven

Stopped by Ikea on after work to pick up a gross of bookends for the big shelf. (Well, it sure seemed like that many - the friendly yellow-shirted employee was amused by the quantity I actually did pick up and offered to get me a whole case. Fortunately, the big shelf isn't quite that big.) They were playing The Cure. Again.

Today's teaser is on the left here, but I also liked this version that I created by accident while editing:



Taking and posting all these little pictures actually gives me a real charge - it's a reminder that I've really gotten a lot of stuff done.

p.s. The temple bells came from Woodstock Chimes, a gift from a relative who works there. If you're into windchimes, by the way, these are the Cadillac.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous windchime, cool shadow. Your photos are great. (And where books are concerned, especially on open shelves, the more bookends the better. I tend to use stacked up books as bookends -- trying to be both artistic and cheap -- but real bookends would be better.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- dramatic new page style, Mella! I've been thinking I should change my page's name, too, to reflect the change in focus. But I'll have to think, to come up with something clever.

    ReplyDelete