Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Current score: Slow Drain, 4; Mella, 0.

Calling the landpersons tomorrow. Grrr.

(Most people would have done that several days ago, but in non-emergency situations, I like to try whatever I can think of to see what works. One of my college professors liked to say that chemical engineering (my field) is just the love child of math and plumbing. Perhaps I haven't been doing enough math.)


In happier news, the Law of Furniture Karma has acted in its own mysterious way, as predicted, and this handsome fella is on his way from Ottawa to my house. While the floor-to-ceiling MCM look leaves me pretty cold (the phrase fashion victim comes to mind not infrequently), I do believe that a Danish Modern table is a Joy Forever.

Alas, he won't make it in time for the final photo shoot this time around, but that's ok. The loveseat is kind of anxious about meeting him and still doesn't have a thing to wear. In the meantime, want another peak at the living room? Right. Here:


9 comments:

  1. that is a great table... post pics anyway, i want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, look at that table! Oh oh oh!

    That is a very fine table. I'm not usually into MCM, but there's something about certain Scandinavian Modern pieces where the wood looks so smooth and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of the lamp and the plant. I'm looking forward to your final photo shoot (with or without lovely new table).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one cool table. Like wende, I'm not usually too into MCM, but the organic shape of the glass, and the almost liquid-looking smoothness of the wood, has me really liking this new table. (The loveseat can join Wardrobe Therapy if she likes -- I'm assuming she's a she, and maybe she can find something wonderful to wear before Mr. Cool Table arrives...)

    And the lamp and plant pic is lovely -- you are such a tease with these little glimpses, but it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh -- and my magic solution for slow drains, if it is a sink drain (they say don't use on bathtubs) is a snake-thingy that's encased in a plastic holder, and you twirl a handle around to get the snake to go down the drain and clear the clog. I call it my Bethy-rooter. Um, there's one on the Canadian Tire website, I'm sure they have 'em in US stores as well, but I've never had any luck posting links in these comments. I'll post a link for you over on my blog. Just for your info, you don't need to feel obligated to try it or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah -- I couldn't find a link to the drain thingy... I'll have to keep trying, because it's the sort of puzzle that bugs me. If I bought it there, they should show it, shouldn't they??? But what do they call it... there's the question.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry, there will definitely be pictures.

    I think the loveseat is a she...kinda awkward to ask, you know. But I'm confident that Mr. Gorgeous Table will be an absolute gentleman and she has nothing to worry about.

    I *think* I know the doodad you're talking about. Unfortunately this is a tub clog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am suddely hungry for kidney beans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes. There are three cats, a chihuahua, and a crazy lady reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete