Sunday, September 16, 2007

Done: Week 1 Tasks

Hey, I made deadline this week!


Starts on page 54. I'll update with my thoughts as I make progress. Items in red have been completed.

Deep Treatment:

  1. Make a complete list of repairs and solutions.
  2. Vacuum and mop floors. I've told myself I must do this before I'm allowed to go to the Renegade Craft Fair on Saturday.
  3. Remove one item from your apartment. Just put it in my car. Will go in the Goodwill drop box on the way to the office tomorrow.
  4. Buy fresh flowers. I'm going to try to get my flowers from a different place each of the eight weeks of the cure. I also want to practice my arranging skills, if I have the chance.
  5. Sit for ten minutes in a part of your home that you never sit in.
  6. Look into earth friendly cleaning products. I'll also identify and stock up on all the cleaning supplies I need and haven't picked up since moving.
One-Room Remedy
  1. Choose one room. Done. The Living Room.
  2. Gather pictures of rooms you love. The purpose of this item and the two following is clearly to begin to develop a vision for the room. I've been doing a lot of thinking and looking already, scouring design web sites and magazines and books and visiting every relevant store I come across, usually three or four times...I definitely already have a notion of where I'm going with this room.
  3. Start a style tray.
  4. Visit your favorite home store. Like wende, I've done this to the 9th degree. BB&B, LnT, Lowes, Home Depot, 10+ local furniture stores, four department store furniture departmenets, Ikea, the five antique stores nearest my apartment, and more specialty stores than I can count. Plus two craft fairs. And the internet.
  5. Set your budget.

1 comment:

  1. Well done!! Yay for you!!

    And, since you asked, I've posted a couple of links that will show you the general idea of the table I've been yearning for. Couldn't find an exact match on the company's website (it's a company that allows you to choose table style, leg style, wood, and stain, and then they produce your table the way you want it.)

    ReplyDelete