Three Cats Named Sam, or, Color in the Kitchen, or, Friday I'm in Love (On Tuesday), or, Bloggers Who Can't Decide on Titles
I went to Ikea last night after work (it's a block or two from my office) because I had identified The Perfect Accessory To Complete My Kitchen Ensemble. A few things:
- Someone had made the very bad decision to shut down the air conditioning. Yes, we had frost last week, but it was 92F on Monday. Nothing like a sweaty flatpack.
- Compared to the Ikea website, all the cute things look smaller in the store, and all the bold things look bigger. I don't know who figured out how to achieve that, but I hope s/he got a big raise.
- When I walked in, the audio system was playing, no joke, The Cure.
Tada! Color in the kitchen. I also thought I'd try the table at an angle for a while (see it in its original state here).
I found the Warhol prints last year in a gift shop in Maine, of all places, and seeing Sam up close I just had to have them. I wish I could get the colors better in these, but it would require a much more professional lighting setup.
I found the Warhol prints last year in a gift shop in Maine, of all places, and seeing Sam up close I just had to have them. I wish I could get the colors better in these, but it would require a much more professional lighting setup.

Love the expression on the cats!
ReplyDeleteBoxy contemporary apartments need angled furniture -- I think the table works.
Well, I can't read what Wende said, but what an improvement! It's fantastic.
ReplyDeleteHey, I thought of you today when I picked up an old, old book at the second hand bookstore today: "Canada's Story" by H.E. Marshall. He wrote "Our Island Story" --a history of Britian which is all the rage in Charlotte Mason homeschooling circles. The idea is to take history and tell it as a factual story. I'm looking forward to reading it to the kids as part of our "Canadian History" studies.
ReplyDeleteLove the cats, love the table-at-an-angle! Looks great, Mella!
ReplyDeletefirst of all... i am completely jealous that you live that close to ikea. however, that would be completely dangerous for me. mine is an hour and fifteen minutes away!!
ReplyDeletethe cats look great! great work.
Thanks, ladies. I'm very happy with it.
ReplyDeleteAlana - Yay old books! I was overjoyed to finally find a used bookstore around here last weekend. My purchase was Canadian too (I was missing a volume from my Salterton Trilogy).
Sarah - I don't actually end up going very often - it's such a hard place to just go and browse, since it's so stinking enormous. I'll probably start checking in on the as-is floor more often though.