Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Week 1 Task: List Needed Repairs

"Bones" Week 1 task: Identify repairs that need to be made, and plan a solution. My place is in pretty good shape, and the landpersons made a lot of repairs and general touch-ups just before I moved in, but I was surprised how many things I found to flag when I did a walk-through just now.

This is the sort of dreadfully banal stuff I should cringe over putting down in a blog, but I figure I might as well keep everything in one place. Again, completed items in red.

Living Room/General

  1. Install peepholes. Call landpersons.
  2. Repair hole in living room wall (used by Mr. Angry to run cable to the bedroom). Visit hardware store for supplies.
  3. Tighten loose switchplates throughout.
  4. Replace lampshades on 2 lamps.
  5. Pin up cables and cords in living room. Need to rearrange the furniture first. May need a Radio Shack run for extra brackets.

Bedroom(s)

  1. Install pull chain on guest bedroom closet light.
  2. Replace bulbs in bedside lamps (current ones don't fit with new shades).

Bathroom

  1. Replace bottom toilet seal. Call landpersons.
  2. Replace linen closet door damaged by Mr. Angry. (Mr. Angry was the previous tenant, who aparently liked to punch and kick hollow-core interior doors. Several were replaced before I moved in, but they must have missed one.) Call landpersons.
  3. Get new drain cap for tub. Visit hardware store.

Kitchen

  1. Install hooks for pot holders near stove. Just do it. Actually, first need to find where mom hid the hooks I was going to use. A small price to pay for all the help with unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment