Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Four-fifths of all our troubles would disappear, if we would only sit down and keep still. - Calvin Coolidge

Since I'm doing such a dreadful job of actually posting photographs, here's my floorplan, not quite to scale. I hope more people post floor plans; I like looking at floor plans.
ETA: Fixed the size now.
Posted by
Mella DP
at
12:44 AM
Labels: All Things Shelter, Apartment Cure, floorplan
Looks like you have a nice-size apartment (especially the kitchen!) I'm eager to see pics!!! (yes, that was a hint...)
ReplyDeleteWow! Right before my very eyes (well, almost - the change happened while I was doing a comment on your quiz answers) -- so, almost right before my very eyes, there's the enlarged floor plan! Wow, an eat-in kitchen *and* a dining room! Is this an apartment or a house? Is that an entry door going into the kitchen and another going into the living room? (I had an apartment with two entry doors like that once, I liked that.)
ReplyDeletelol, beth, ok. I did manage to fix the camera sync glitch, so that's another thing I'll make myself do before I'm allowed to go to the Renegade Craft Fair tomorrow. I do *love* the kitchen and want to show it off (if you could see the one at my last place...ick!) and the whole place is wonderfully spacious. I'm pretty happy here so far.
ReplyDeleteThis is an apartment, though a largish one, and the area labeled dining room isn't really functional as such, at least I don't think so - the wrong shape and size, not to mention it's got wall-to-wall carpet. Plus I don't need to use it that way. But I'm trying to figure what to do with that space instead.
ReplyDeleteYes, two entrances, from opposite sides of the building. I'm garden level.
Ooh, a floor plan! (I'm incompetent at creating them but love other people's floor plans.)
ReplyDeleteMy first thought was "that's a cute layout, especially the kitchen" and my second thought was "but working with that unfocused open space in the middle must be a pain." It's a pity one can't just put a fountain there. A baby grand piano would work, but that's not a solution for everyone.
Hm, a fountain...it would make for a nice courtyard, wouldn't it? But yeah, that's the one "difficult" space - all those doors get in the way, though I'm glad to have the rooms and closets they lead to. An upright would be nice on that wall, though as I told beth re: hers, I'd be too paranoid about the noise to actually play it. I even get nervous playing my flute.
ReplyDeleteI put up a few photos and some additional floor plans on flickr (see latest post) and there will be more on here, but I'm still fighting the Canon wars...