More on snow, and other things.
So, yes, we survived the snow. (Actually, it has snowed considerably in the last few days, in addition to last week's dump.) I suppose the most outrageous thing was that our post office was closed last Wednesday. The United States Post Office. Not that it mattered much, because they couldn't deliver my mail anyway.
Under that awning is my front door and mailbox. Didn't get cleared until sometime Friday. Good thing, too, since I don't know how I could have gone another day without my pile of superfluous Eddie Bauer catalogs.
I realized it's been a while since I last dealt with that kind of storm - offhand, I can't recall the last time I had to undertake lots and lots of serious shoveling to pull out the car, but it happened a few times a year when I lived in Boston. Oh, well, it's colder here.
And speaking of shoveling, there's no way I could possibly handle it right now, physically. Fortunately, my sister is here to very generously take care of things like that. Which requires some explanation in the way of general update. My Sister the Blond Artist is living with me for the next several months. This was planned before I discovered that my entire body was going to be down for maintenance - she was needing a home base for one of those transitional life-gap phases, and a way out of an untenable work situation - but, given the timing, having her here has been invaluable to me. She's taken over most of the food-related tasks and anything with the potential to involve physical labor.
And she brought with her a fourth member to round out our little household, the Most Handsome Mr. Bakerloo.
.
It took a while, but he and Lexi have been able to negotiate a delicate truce. Mostly. He's younger and very playful. Under the influence of string, he can sometimes be persuaded to do backflips in full layout four feet off the floor.
.....
Overall, things are...difficult, right now. Sometimes exhausting, frustrating, worrying, overwhelming - physically and emotionally, sometimes both. At times, I think the only thing that keeps me from dissolving into a bout of panic is the fact that I have too many feelings about too many things to know where to start.
It's going to be ok, one way or another. I really do believe that. But it's hard to be here, now.


Well I'm glad you've got company in this crazy weather! Mr. Bakerloo is indeed handsome, and I really hope you start feeling better soon! So, um, read any good books lately?
ReplyDelete