Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm here. Or I'm back. Or something.

Hello.  Here I am.  I wasn't intending to take a blogging break, but apparently some part of me needed to retreat.  But I've missed interacting with my friends here. 

It's a lovely, icy day in Chicagoland.  Things are ok with me.  Not perfect, but improving.  I've been sick a lot this fall, with one thing and another - in the middle of November my mind and body finally told me they'd had enough.  I'm currently on medical leave, which is a very good thing.  Thank God for supportive doctors and short term disability insurance and the amazing blessing of working for really good people.  My boss has been amazing, to say nothing of friends and family.  I'm alright - just having the time and space and permission to take care of myself has made a major difference.  Been sleeping a lot.

It's been an odd time relationally, too.  Since I've lived here I've been blessed with great friendships and a good season of family dynamics.  Life moves on and changes - but sometimes a whole lot of life changes all at once.  I know *34* women who are or have been pregnant this year.  I'm so grateful that I don't have any degree of baby envy, or I would have lost it a long time ago.  Also, for the record, baby showers are really, really boring.

Anyhow, I'm happy to get to the end of the year with things looking up.  Hope things are well where you are, too.

4 comments:

  1. I am happy things are looking up for you. And I'm really glad you can be on disability to get the rest you need.

    I have also not been able to blog as much as I would like this year, but I have thought of you during this time away. When both of us get there, I'm looking forward to discussing interesting things with you. :)

    Btw, I love what your to-do list says about your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you back, and I hope you're feeling back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to "see" you again. Thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving me that nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to "see" you again! I've missed you! I'm so glad you're taking the time to take care of yourself. That is so very, very important.

    ReplyDelete