Friday, May 7, 2010

Week in Review

Non-WT-Related Adventures:

Dark Chocolate M&Ms don't taste that different from regular M&Ms.  This is surely a moral failing on the part of someone.

My professional life has recently reminded me how good it is not to be a lawyer.  That's all I can safely say here.

A massive new Whole Foods opened up next door to my office on Wednesday.  In addition to the usual curried tofu bar and other gentrified hippie-kibble (whole-grain vegan sushi?  Pomegranate-nettle soda?), this one has a diner.  Like, a standard, midwestern, meat-and-potatoes diner, where you can buy cheeseburgers and pancakes.

I've come up with a vacation itinerary that satisfies me for more than 12 hours.  Progress!

Cardboard box!  Median!  Front-end alignment!  Auto glass repair!  Gah. (Everyone's fine, including the car.)

WT-Related Adventures: 

Wardrobe Malfunction!  Very happy that I live close to work, and that my boss knows when not to ask questions.  Yeesh.


The first full day of sandals is always a little bit painful.

Hand-written thank-you note on Nordstrom stationery from my consultant (this one is awesome, by the way).  Hm.

Aack!  I've been betrayed by my sunscreen!  Pulled out a new bottle and immediately noticed a difference in texture and smell, and not for the better .  Sure enough, change of ingredients - also not for the better.  Sigh. 

Roped into a Mary Kay party this weekend.  How did I let that happen?

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment