Just a line...
Spent the weekend with friends at the wedding in Austin. I can't imagine voluntarily existing in such a climate, but it was good fun anyway. Always great to be with the old crowd. The Chinese-Jewish blend for the event itself was ingenious (red and gold chuppah and kippot, kosher Cantonese feast, and a ton of more subtle touches). Everything was personal and creative and in excellent taste without being stuffy or over-the-top, so kudos and congratulations to W & M.
I suppose one highlight, for lack of a better word, was the bouquet toss. No, I don't participate in such things, as it would be grossly self-contradictory on multiple levels. Fortunately, there was a whole crowd of girls this time, so it didn't matter. Unfortunately, I was seated at the edge of the dance floor, and the bride grossly overshot her target, and I wound up with a very lovely bunch of white snapdragons in my lap.
Literature Land is not abandoned - I'm still struggling with my connection issues and haven't been coordinated enough to post my answers to the last couple of challenges. But I will, shortly!

No comments:
Post a Comment