Monday, March 10, 2008

Week One/Introduction/Before/Etc.

It's been great to see everyone's early Cure posts and planning. I do plan to post before shots, but first my schedule will have to line up with adequate lighting. I've changed some things since the last round and do have a few things planned for this one that might be interesting to look at. I also have a tripod now, so I should be able to get better shots. In the mean time, here's my plan:
  • Follow the Deep Treatment plan, where not superfluous. That is, I don't need to revisit my choice of cleaning products, nor to buy another water filter. I do need to mop.

  • Repairs. I've already confirmed that there aren't any big ones that need extensive planning or outside help, so I'll just deal with them each week, room by room.

  • Side project: Curtains. I've already purchased rods for all four windows, have materials for making some of them, and have the others picked out. They should all be up by the end of this.

  • Side project: Boxes. There are boxes in my spare room. I refuse to say that it's full of boxes (it's not! Really!). But it does contain boxes. Not boxes that were never unpacked from the move (though there might be a couple of those). But boxes. Some are empty. Some contain things that need to find a permanent home. Some I don't know how to describe. So: in addition to the Deep Treatment tasks, I will fully remedy one box per week.
The Rules:
  • Put everything away.

  • Only put things away in their permanent homes.

  • Stick to the Cure Budget (which was chosen for 25% financial reasons and 75% to place a limit on the number of decisions that can be made Right Now). May be compromised in cases of extreme Furniture Karma.

  • Report back here weekly.

  • Tell the truth.

2 comments:

  1. "Tell the truth."
    I like that.

    Good plans. Sounds like a reasonable number of "extras" (boxes and curtains). Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "tell the truth" is right on the mark. I'm trying to hold myself to that one as well.

    ReplyDelete