Somebody Loves Me
Time and string toys heal all wounds.
Yes, pet me. Let me sit on your lap. Let me follow you around everywhere. Let me sleep in your bed curled up against your chest. Let me drink your tea. Let me sneeze in your face. Let me knead you incessantly - ignore the claws, please. Look into my beautiful blue eyes.
We just cuddled through the last installment of Pride and Prejudice on PBS. She likes to rub against Mr. Table - I figure it's the smooth texture. She likes to sit under the Big Shelf. Heaven help me the next time I need to sit without someone in my lap.

Wonderful news! I'm so glad she's become happy in your presence. I've been wondering how you and she were getting along.
ReplyDeleteso is it final? is she Staying? do I have a...niece of sorts?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad she warmed up to you. I knew she would.
BFF!
Oh, she's so sweet! Look at those blue eyes! Look at that cuddly girl!
ReplyDelete@J - I'm still holding out to get a more clear picture of the behavior patterns. She was in a nasty mood yesterday. She can't always decide whether she most wants to cuddle or to hiss.
ReplyDeleteShe also didn't like it much when I asked her to stop, erm, massaging my chest with her claws out in the middle of the night. I think I got bit on the shoulder for that, but I was mostly asleep so I'm not sure.
But most of the time she really is great!
If she isn't a good sleeping partner, can you just ban her from the bedroom? I love cats (though I am highly allergic), but I wouldn't want to wake up to one kneading/biting me...
ReplyDeleteWhen I first brought my kitty home, she spent a couple of nights doing the same thing; sleeping right against me, and kneading my chest. She grew out of it after awhile, hasn't done it in quite a long time.
ReplyDeleteKID!!!!! (pounce)
ReplyDeleteThe vampiric-lactation-consultant act was a new behavior, and she was better last night. Things are indeed improving, but we're clearly still working out the terms of the arrangement.
I am a dog girl and I married a cat boy. Tommy the devil cat has calmed down in the past 5 years and I am just now starting to like him. Except for the fact that he sleeps on MY head at night, and sits on MY chest and tries to lick ME with his stinky tongue. I guess no one told him I was a dog girl....
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new pal. It is kinda nice to just have someone to veg with on the sofa.
I read somewhere that the kneading behavior is the same thing that a kitten does when it nurses from its mother, so I would say it's a very good sign that you're going to get along well. The biting could just be playfulness; my cat gnaws on me occasionally, but never hard enough to leave a mark.
ReplyDelete