Sunday, January 20, 2008

Winterwear: Single Digit Edition

Temperatures this weekend have broken into positive values by late afternoon. The heat was broken at church this morning. Yeah.

Anyhow, here's some new cold weather wear. The (joyous teal) scarf I made mostly over Christmas vacation, and is pictured here with some Nepalese glittens, purchased by my father at some sort of head shop at the Rustingham mall. They still smell like patchouli.



I crochet mostly as a means of keeping myself sitting still while watching movies or otherwise pretending to be sociable. A close-up of the texture:


4 comments:

  1. lovely scarf. I too crochet in the winter to keep busy, though I haven't managed a project this year because of all these Therapy sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf is gorgeous, and the glittens go with it perfectly! They'll look so nice with your black coat. Well done. (I find myself wanting to touch that closeup so that I can feel how soft it is, because it looks so lovely and soft...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I'm so envious...I haven't any knitting or crotcheting skills at all, though I've tried. I really should try again, this time with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete