Sunday, October 21, 2007

Week 6 "Let's Call It Progress Anyway" Report

I'm actually pleased enough with what I got done this week, even though it's less than I had planned on, which was already less than I would have liked to do. Most of the week was eaten up by a business trip to Buffalo (motto: We have more Canadian flags than Canada!). Not the most exciting place to be, but I got to see the parents and the Sullivan architecture downtown, so all's well. But of course I couldn't clean the bathroom from 500 miles away. I also found the travel took a lot out of me, physically, and I've had to take care to rest up to nurse the fatigue and aches and pains...which also put a damper on the bathroom cleaning, etc., and may continue to do so.

So, since both time and physical capacity are running short, I think I'm switching off to the one-room remedy, so that I can actually manage to wrap up the living room. Since that was my most important goal from the beginning, I'm not disappointed.

So anyway, what did I do this week:

  1. Cleaned bathroom (I did the "cleaning" but not as much of the "ordering" as I would have liked - but it's started, and it's good enough for now.)
  2. Improved but didn't finalize bathroom organization.
  3. Dealt with a Laundry Situation (which wasn't on the list, but probably should have been).
  4. Dealt with new mail.
  5. Bought Week 7 flowers last night.
Here's my list for the rest of the Cure:
  1. Finish setting up the big shelf.
  2. Finish loveseat recover.
  3. Hang stuff on LR walls.
  4. Resolve internet issue (something else I couldn't do from out of town) and,
  5. Finalize cord situation.
  6. Shopping list: end tables, lamp and throw blankets.
  7. Clean all floors.
  8. Planning for the housewarming cocoon party.
  9. Get enough rest, so I can actually accomplish the above without damaging myself.

1 comment:

  1. Let's call it good progress -- especially since you were out of town, and then recuperating, for most of the time. Good idea to switch to the one-room remedy for the remaining time. You'll get a better feeling of accomplishment if you can do what you want to do with the living room.

    ReplyDelete