To-Do: Week 5
Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!
On Saturday, I was remarking to myself that the Week 3 flowers still looked just like new, despite being over a week and a half old.
When I got up Sunday morning, this is what I saw:
This week I bought orange mums in an attempt to pretend it's actually autumn outside. Actually, the heat broke late today so things might be back to normal.
This week's hybrid list:
- Clean office area and related closets. Since the coat closet is mostly full of paper, I guess that counts. I'll have to clean it out to do the file thing anyhow.
- Dust, vacuum, mop. I'm no good at cleaning, I might as well admit it.
- Declutter and organize files. This probably wasn't realistic to begin with.
- Tackle the cord octopus. Unexpected ISP interruption made this impractical. But it's started.
- One-day media fast. Gladly!
- Buy fresh flowers.
- Cook three meals at home.
- Eat at home Sunday-Thursday.
- Go to bed early and read before sleep. I'll give myself a high B- on the "early" part, middle A on the "read" part.
- Rearrange livingroom furniture.
- Decide what else I'm going to buy for the living room right now.
- Fix one thing. Cleaning up all the makeup I threw around on Wednesday will have to count for this. It took long enough.

At some point on Saturday night, one flower said to the others, "Hey, guys, we're past our expiration date!" And they all went floompf. All at once and nothing first, like the wonderful one-hoss shay. Oh well, they did do very well lasting as long as they did...
ReplyDeleteThat's a pretty funny picture, I am betting your mums will last longer though, gerberas seem to be pretty touchy, I'll get three in an arrangement and two will be fine and one will die immediately - just flop right over. Now I'm leaning towards mums and alstroemerias (Peruvian lilies) as they last forever!
ReplyDeleteAnne (in Reno)