A quick housekeeping question...
I had a fairly catastrophic morning, which involved: massively oversleeping, snagging things, spilling things, spilling more things, changing clothes three times, changing shoes twice, and winding up a full hour late at the end of it all.
The whole ordeal culminated when I was putting on my makeup and somehow flung an open bottle of liquid foundation literally half way across the house. Which leads to my question: Does anybody know how to get makeup out of carpet?

Ack! I don't have an answer -- just wanted to extend my sympathy. Did you post on the AT open thread? Someone might be able to help. (Sure hope so... ACK!!!)
ReplyDeleteAck! Ack!
ReplyDeleteIf it's water-based foundation, you should be able to get it out with soap and water, especially if your carpet is mostly synthetic.
If the foundation is oil-based, make-up remover ought to dissolve it, but you might get an oily stain on the carpet.
But wait -- the internet to the rescue:
stain removal tips
Another suggestion, from "How the Queen Cleans Everything":
ReplyDeleteSprinkle baking soda, brush with old wet toothbrush until makeup is removed. Another option is nongel white toothbrush scrubbed with a toothbrush.
Oh my, that sounds like something I would do! A couple months ago I took a bottle (like, a gallon) of juice out of the fridge and opened it halfway then put it down on the counter and went to do something else (clearly I have ADD). I then came back and forgot that I had started to open the bottle in mid-shake. Yeah.. myself and the kitchen were covered in Apple Cranberry juice. Luckily my roommate wasn't home. :)
ReplyDeleteAs for stain removal, try Hydrogen Peroxide. I know it works wonderfully as a laundry bleach and is pretty much color safe (but do a test area first, just to be sure).
Thanks, ladies. I think soap and water should work, but I've been trying other stuff first, knowing what a pain and a half it is to get the soap out of the carpet again. I'll let you know how it turns out.
ReplyDeleteI guess this is the time to be thankful for my Celtic ancestry and skin that's, um, only slightly darker than my near-white carpet.