To-Mostly-Done - Week 3 Tasks:
Starting p. 104. I'll make the color scheme even more complicated this week: red = done; orange = sorta; green = not applicable.
Deep Treatment
- Bones: Vacuum, Dust, and Mop. Um, no. I'm not sure why.
- Bones: Arrange to have all repairs taken care of in the next three weeks. This is on track. I'm trying to take care of one diy fix every week, which isn't a problem since htey're all small.
- Breath: Declutter your entrance. Well, this was supposed to include dealing with the coat closet, but it didn't happen. This just means one more thing to do for LR week.
- Breath: Move all old mail, catalogs and magazines to the outbox. They're in a pile.
- Breath: Look into what you would need to create a landing strip. All done!
- Breath: Cancel any unused subscriptions. I don't get that much mail. Not even addressed to former tenants, which is a first.
- Heart: Identify cool rooms and warm rooms. See 3. below.
- Heart: Apply the 80/20 color rule. See 5. below.
- Head: Cook two meals at home this week. Yep. Getting back in the swing of it. Need groceries again though. Do I really have to go shopping every single week?
- Head: Design an invitation for your housewarming.
One Room Remedy
- Research your shopping list. Been doing this right along - lotta shopping without buying.
- Start a list of proposed interior changes. Why does this not come before the "shopping list" tasks? For me at this point in history, it's mostly furniture aquisition. Lots of possibilities, still deciding on the best combination.
- Identify cool rooms and warm rooms. LR: will be warm. Kitchen: I guess the cabinet finishes makes it warm. But there's a lot of black and white to cool it down. It will eventually have some pops of color. Bath:...slightly warm? It's warm beige and green. Bedroom: cool; when I do my planned mini-redecoration of it (not in this Cure) it will probably be even cooler.
- Determine whether window treatments are necessary. As I've said before, I declared windows to be outside the scope of this Cure. They're ok how they are and I've got lots of other fish to fry, decor-wise.
- Apply the 80/20 color rule. I'm pretty sure I'm ok here. If I'm not, I'll have to wait until the rooms are more put together to figure it out.
- Research and call in help. I'm not planning anything that I expect to require help.

Fantastic planning.
ReplyDeleteIt tires me out just thinking of typing all that in!
But what fun to use so many "crayons"! Good idea to put the "not applicable" things in a different color. I'm getting curiouser and curiouser (!) about your alternative housewarming... ... ...
ReplyDeleteAbout the door mat: If you can get to a place like Home Depot, you can get a piece of indoor/outdoor carpeting cut to fit. It's really thin. We have a black one, (though I purchased a blue one for my Mom for her place) "wall to wall" in our entry way and it's great. Vaccuums like a dream--and it was thin enough so we could cut out a hole for the floor vent.
ReplyDelete