Monday, September 24, 2007

Completed: Week 2 Tasks

Yay! To-Done!

Starting page 72. Seems I've done a lot already.

ETA: Since wende snagged my red means done, I'm going to steal her orange = sorta, since that's pretty useful.

Deep Treatment

Bones

  1. Fix one thing in your apartment yourself.
  2. Clean your kitchen from top to bottom and throw away old food. Glad I haven't been moved in long enough for anything to be that dirty. Or, in the case of food, that old. This will mostly involve organizing the cabinets, to which I hereby dedicate TUESDAY EVENING (to overflow to Wednesday if needed). That's for accountability, girls. ;-)
  3. Buy a water filter and use it. I've had a Brita pitcher for years. Sticking with that for now, though I'd love an 0n-faucet model.
Breath

  1. Run your hands over every wall in your apartment. Sorta did this...not sure it told me anything.
  2. Clear one surface and use the outbox. I don't really have one concentrated space that needs clearing, so how 'bout if I just promise to use the outbox when I need it? :)
Heart

  1. Buy fresh flowers. Flowers seem to be a lot cheaper here than I remember them being in MA.
  2. Determine your style. Hm...how about, "Contemporary modern with mid- and early- 20th century influences." In other words, something that lets Danish Modern, art glass, and microfiber live together in harmony.
Head
  1. Find a new recipe and cook one meal at home. No new recipes this time, but I've done more cooking.
  2. Choose the date for your housewarming. I've got something a little different planned...stay tuned.

One-Room Remedy

  1. Decide what activities you want in your room and where they will go.
  2. Floorplan. Already posted some of this. Thanks to My Sister the Blond Artist for working out the first drafts.
  3. Map out the room that bothers you most and work out your solution. See above.
  4. Name your vision. I don't know if my vision has a name. I know I have a vision... I've never been very good with names. If I ever have children, I might just number them. Like the academic buildings at MIT - call me an engineer, but I always thought that was pretty cool.
  5. Build a shopping list. Like smallcitybeth, I've been winnowing mine down to the stuff I'm actually realistically going to buy in the next couple of months. Stay tuned for some creative solutions, I hope.

5 comments:

  1. Accountability is a good thing. So, tonight, after I watch a web-cast that I've been promising myself for months, I'll finish the fridge. Then we can check on each other and see if we held to our plan.

    Nice to see all those thing already in red, at this stage of the week, isn't it! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go out for groceries this evening, and didn't get any curing done! How 'bout you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on your curing, Mella!
    Hope those cabinets are working better for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good girls, checking up on me. :) I did a bit, but had a very trying day at work yesterday so didn't have the energy for a full attack. It's manageable though, and I should be able to finish up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What progress you're making! I haven't done any curing this week...having been at my parent's house. Now I'm home, and feeling mighty guilty. Tonight's the night!

    ReplyDelete