Sunday, September 9, 2007

Introducing the Cure

Alright, this blog is a collection point for my thoughts and progress as I participate in the Fall 2007 Apartment Therapy Group Cure. For more info on AT and the Cure, follow the links.

Here's where I'm coming from:

A little over a month ago, I made a long-anticipated move from the environs of Boston to those of Chicago, and I couldn't be more thrilled. (After nearly six years together, New England and I had to split up due to irreconcilable differences. But it was amicable.) I love my new place, but I'm still getting settled in. Unpacking, whether it be from a weekend out of town or a transcontinental move, is pretty much my least favorite thing ever, but I'm mostly there, thanks to lots of help from family (especially my mother, who I think regards closet organization as a recreational activity, and My Sister the Blond Artist, shelf paper installer extraordinaire).

The book presents two Cure options: The Deep Treatment, which is focuses on cleaning, decluttering, and revitalizing your whole apartment at a foundational level; and The One-Room Remedy, which provides intensive therapy to a single room. Since my apartment is really more nascent than ill, I'll be taking a hybrid approach: I still need to do a lot of basic organization and setup throughout, but I'd also like to complete the design and decor of the kitchen (which only needs a little work) and living room (which needs rather more, but I know what I want to do with it). It should help that I haven't had very long for paper and other general detritus to pile up, and that I did a good amount of decluttering before the move.

I'm very excited about everything I plan to get done over the next couple of months, and look forward to seeing everyone else's progress too! Happy Curing, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment